Welcome to your new home game! If you’re not sure what Home Game in the Cloud even is, head here to read up first.
Alright, as a DM here’s what you need to know about the HGitC program:
- This is progam is DM-driven. We provide a ticketing system, advertising (via our Social Media presence and Discord servers), and, if you’re running BMG-exclusive content, the modules. It’s up to you to provide a reason for players to sign up for your games; that might be an existing fan-base, exciting content, your sparking personality, but whatever it is, you need need to be able to sell it to players.
- This is an extension of the Virtual D&D Weekends program. This means that while applications are open to an HG member (Red Shirt or higher), existing VDDW DMs will get priority.
- Being part of the VDDW program does mean that HGitC experiences can include any content that would be available to run at a VDDW, including adventures that are still in premiere/exclusive to BMG. Otherwise, most content is allowed, just keep in mind our community values and code of conduct. This also means that the games are restricted to being D&D/d20-based only, sorry. The Home Games don’t need to be built from official Wizard’s adventures, or even use D&D 5e; any edition of D&D, or d20-based games that can plausibly be called “D&D” are allowed.
- Sessions can be scheduled as often as once per week, but the regular shedule must be at least once every 3 weeks. Additionally we’ll be restricting launches to one new HGitC experience added per week, at least for now. This is to give each game a chance in the spotlight, as well as to not overwhem our team. Lastly, sessions can never happen during a Virtual D&D Weekend event, although they are free to run the day before or after one.
- The floor for ticket pricing is $25, with DMs getting a 75% cut, and tables capped at 5 or 6, your choice. If you want to set a higher ticket price for your experience, we can acommodate that.
- Not everyone that applies will necessarily be accepted. Our primary goal is to give players a great experience, and part of that means we want games that have a high chance of happening. This means being able to show us a group of interested and/or committed players; applications that come with players attached have a much higher chance of being accepted. To that end, we do now have a dedicated forum channel for organizing groups, and be sure to include information about any pre-recruited players in your application.
- Most Home Game experiences are expected to be 6 to 12 sessions. For experiences planned to be less than 6 sessions we would generally suggest running the games at a VDDW might be a better fit, although if you think HGitC is a better fit, please let us know why. For experiences planned to be significantly longer than 12 sessions, we start to have concerns about viability, with player attrition often being a factor. If you think your game is viable for a longer run, please let us know why.
DM Registration is OPEN to all Heralds Guild DMs of Red Shirt or higher at this time.