Welcome true believers to Virtual D&D Weekends!!!!
Back on November 13th, 2020 at the height of the pandemic, we partnered with Wizards of the Coast to bring you the first Virtual D&D Weekend, and while world has certainly changed in the last 3 years, we’re still here every month with even more exciting and exclusive content!
Come join us as we battle Red Wizards of Thay, take off to the Moonshae Isles, and join the war in Dragonlance!
So what is a Virtual D&D Weekend?
Every month, we gather our best online DMs and a whole bunch of awesome players to throw a 3-day online D&D convention! As a Premiere Organizer partnered with Wizards of the Coast, we get to run premieres of the hottest new content, along with multi-table epic events, author-run adventures, and even some classic adventures thrown in!
We use Discord a flexible online space as our online “convention centre” where we run all our games and hang out even when we’re not rolling the math rocks. Most of our games use a “Virtial TableTop” for maps and visuals, but some of our DMs like to rock it old-school with Theatre-of-the-Mind style play.
Playstyles run the gamut from crunchy tactical play to narative and roleplay-heavy games. There’s something for everyone!
Dungeon Masters Rock!!!!
Programs like these are only possible due to our awesome legions of DM’s who put in countless of hours of work honing their craft, preparing adventures and platforms for their games, and sometimes even spending vacation days from work to help out. We like to think we have some of the best, if not the best, DM’s in the land, and these events help us recognize that!
- All games for a Virtual D&D Weekend have paid tickets; the prices are equivalent to what many would pay for an in-person game at a larger convention. These prices reflect that running games online takes as much, if not more, effort and time then running in person.
- Where does this ticket money go? To the DM’s and staff, of course! 70% of the ticket price for most games (check our DM details page for more info) goes directly to the DM, while the rest goes to pay organizing staff and overhead.
- Standard 4 hour adventures – $20
- Standard 2 hour adventure – $10
- Learn to Play Adventure – $4
All tables are limited to 5 players.
At times we may also have different campaigns or special events or epics with different costs. Make sure to look carefully before purchasing.
Due to online gaming taking a little longer, and sometimes technical difficulties causing problems, 4 hour games will be placed in a 5 hour time block to run and 2 hour game in a 2 1/2 hour time block. This way a little time taking with a player having some tech issues at the start of a game will not make the sessions rushed.
Head to the Yawning Portal to see what registrations are currently open.
Checkout our current schedule of future events.
Join our Baldman Games Community Discord to keep up to date between events.